At Enterprise Medical Recruiting, we specialize in physician recruitment, so we know that searching for a job can feel like a full-time job. These tips can help you maximize your job search.
1. Make a list of needs versus wants. Prioritize your list of wants and needs by considering which items are most important to you. Is compensation more important than location or vice versa? Is it important for you to be in a rural community or do you prefer to practice in a city? Other items to consider include practice type, scheduling, spouse and/or family needs. Taking this into consideration before you start your search will save you time and will ultimately help you and your recruiter find the right position in a more timely manner.
2. Expand the avenues you’re using to search. Search online databases and sign up for job alerts. Explore healthcare organization websites and social media pages for updates on jobs. You never know where you might find your perfect job. It could be delivered right to your inbox or on your newsfeed.
3. Update your CV. Your CV will often be the first thing a potential employer will look at, so it is important to make the most of it. CVtips.com recommends updating your CV every six months. Be sure to add any relevant experience you’ve had, such as attending a conference or heading up a research project. Check your spelling and grammar often. Many healthcare organizations will automatically dismiss your CV if they see errors. Send your CV to Enterprise Medical Services for a free CV review.
4. Stay informed about the current state of your specialty. In addition to continuing education, it’s important to be knowledgeable about what is happening in your specialty. Is there currently a shortage in this field? Would that shortage affect your responsibilities or workload? Has technology changed? Employers seek candidates who stay up to date with current and future trends.
5. Consult a physician recruiter. The average Senior Search Consultant at Enterprise Medical Recruiting has 15 years of physician recruiting experience. Each consultant focuses on one or two specialties only and are experts in those fields. You can feel confident when working with an Enterprise Medical Recruiting Consultant that you are working with somebody who will listen to your needs and truly understand how to connect you with the right position. Searching for a new job can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be with a physician recruiter on your side.