General Surgery Program Director Needed in Northeast Florida
Florida based Medical Center is seeking a General Surgery Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new General Surgery Residency Program.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
- Work at a full service 317 bed acute care hospital
- Qualified Candidates must be Board Certified in General Surgery
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience as a Program Director or Associate Director
- Must have previous leadership/administrative experience
- Must be willing to combine administrative and diagnostic (teaching) responsibilities (50/50)
- Must have strong administrative and team building skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Authority and accountability for the operation of the General Surgery residency program
- Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
- Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation and state approval
- Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
- Participating in competency evaluations of residents
- The hospital is now considering additional programs for the future which they anticipate will bring their residency population to 100 residents by the year 2020.
- Located in northeast Florida near Orlando