Two (2) Intensivists Sought for Critical Care Unit in Augusta, GA
This large facility is seeking additional Intensivists.
- We are in need of two (2) intensivists, one with Cardiac training
- 12 hour shifts with 7 days on and 7 days off
- 24 hour in-house presence of intensivists’ coverage
- Medical Surgical ICU - 15 beds
- Neuro Intensive ICU - 11 beds
- Cardiac - 8 beds with critical care capability
- Current CCM staff: 6 board certified critical care physicians, 1 nurse practitioner
Role - participate in Intensive Care coverage for a large community hospital, adult medicine. Hospital offers full service care to community, except for transplants, children’s sub-specialty services, burns, and level one trauma. Annual admissions = 24,000. Annual ED volume = 85,000.
Compensation: Designed on MGMA median as base compensation. Benefits provided and quality incentives available approach 75th percentile potential for total compensation. Current additional amount at risk for quality metrics achievement = $100,000. Potential for additional shifts add to the potential total earnings.
- Current contracts include: Insurance;
- Group plan options for medical/dental/vision/disability/life.
- Liability insurance for professional practice provided.
- Retirement planning: 403(b) retirement account, with additional matching by employer;
- 457 retirement vehicle available for tax deferred retirement planning.
Nestled along the banks of the Savannah River, this is the second largest and oldest city in Georgia. Located in the east central section of the state, it is approximately 150 miles east of Atlanta on Interstate 20.
Augusta is also centrally located just two and a half hours from the beach and the mountains. Excellent public, parochial and private schools. Higher education can be obtained at several of the two and four-year colleges in Georgia and in South Carolina. Economy is strong, diverse and growing. Take time to discover the historic charm of the classic South with its tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. There are dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural and historic attractions in Augusta. Year round, this city is the place to be for recreation. With an average temperature of 62.7 degrees, you will make the most of their many parks and recreational facilities. Make time for an afternoon of golf, tennis, fishing, boating, or just enjoying the great outdoors.